Sunday, October 14, 2007


Fun with Photoshop

I have never really been a big fan of photoshop in general. Trust me, I couldn't do my job without it, but I've never really had any desire to do much more than the basics with it. I use it to correct things that need correcting, but don't really spend a lot of time trying to "manufacture" images. My theory has always been to try and just get it right in the camera. As far as manipulation of images was concerned, I pretty much have stuck to color correction, spot removal, black and white conversion, and for laying out designs for advertisements or wedding albums. That's about it. For some reason yesterday I made a bit of a departure and actually truly manipulated images for my upcoming Take 7 show. Not sure why. I guess I have always had a problem with using the program to spend hours upon hours of time to essentially "polish turds." I'm kind of rambling at this point. . . I guess the point is that it can be ok if it adds to the image? I don't know. I just thought this turned out really well. Of course I could be biased based on the subject matter. . .

No comments: