Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Magic Word is "Squirrel"
Chris and I had the pleasure of shooting engagement pictures for Mark and Meredith this week in Monument Valley Park. I had met the couple this past winter when Meredith was the Maid of Honor at another wedding I shot. A little while later we met again at the Independent's Best of 2006 party, where we discovered that three of us all had a fondness for the artwork of Sheppard Fairey. (Please click here if not familiar with his work.) Anyway, the couple got engaged and immediately called me for some engagement pictures. Meredith asked if it was weird that they wanted their dog in some of the pictures. I told her that considering Chris and decided where to get married based on whether or not our dog could be in the wedding, we didn't think that it was weird at all. So their dog Duke was an excellent subject and looked right at the camera as long as Chris or I shouted "squirrel" at just the right moment. It was a great time and we look forward to shooting their wedding if they decide to have it here in Colorado.

No comments: